Thursday, July 2, 2009

"The Perfect 10" and "The Fantastic 5"











On June 27, for the first time in 10 years, 10 cousins were all together. We all grew up here in Central Oregon, and over the past few years, our lives have taken us to Modesto, Las Vegas, New Jersey, or still in Central Oregon. We were all together to celebrate Megan's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding, but years from now, I won't remember the flowers or the cake, but I will always treasure the day spent with "the cousins." From left to right: Vicki, Karla, Beth, Me, Megan, Patrick, Alyssa, Sarah, Tia and Cassandra. We have all seen each a few times over the past few years, but it was really special to all be in the same place at the same time. Those of us that have kids, were also able to get them together. They haven't all been together for about 2years, and they had a blast!! Alexis and Mikey are still talking about cousin Mathew. After the wedding a few of us were able to get together at one of the hotels we were staying at, and were able to play in the pool, and the kids that were there really enjoyed their time together. I hope that we don't have to wait another 10 years to get together again, but with the busy lives that we all are living now, it may be the last time that the 10 of us are able to all be together again. In the days leading up to the trip, I was really questioning whether or not to go. It was a really long drive, and we weren't going to be able to stay long, so I didn't know if I wanted to go, but I am so glad that I did. The memories of the pool party and laughing about when we were little will stay with me for the rest of my life. So much of who I am is because of the times that I had with all of these girls, (and Patrick =) ) and I know that the others feel the same way. We share a bond, and even though it has been so long, when we were all together, it was like no time had passed at all. Hopefully we can make visits more frequent and pass our traditions down to the next
generation.....



Speaking of... These are the 5 "Great Cousins" Left to right: Leona (Sarah's), Mathew (Beth's), Lilly (Sarah's), Mikey and Alexis, (both mine). These five got along better than any other little kids I've ever seen. They just really enjoyed being around each other. They were all together 2 years ago, but both Mikey and Leona were really little and weren't old enough to interact with the other, so this summer was really neat to see them all socialize together. Mikey and Alexis both really like Lilly and Leona and have been able to be around them a few times since we all live so close, but Mathew lives in New Jersey, and they haven't been around him. After this trip, they both think that Mathew is the coolest little kid around. (I think its because he was able to make "big splashes" in the pool) I hope next summer when Beth comes to the west coast to visit that her and Mathew are able to come to Oregon to visit. I can't wait to get more pictures of the 5 of them growing up... and in the coming years, I'm sure that there will be more added to the group! =) (I don't know of any coming any time soon though, just to let you know that I'm not hiding a secret!) =)

Love and Prayers to all!
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment